Friday, August 3, 2012

Well scrub me down!


It is very important to properly exfoliate your skin.  Exfoliation removes the dry cells from your skin’s surface.  Using an exfoliator is one of the quickest ways to achieve healthy, glowing skin.  And who doesn’t want that!  Over the years I have been in a quest to find the best body scrub.  I have looked everywhere, from on-line, to department stores, to the beauty section at TJ Maxx.  My favorite one is Fresh’s Brown Sugar Body Polish.  However, at $65 a tub, my exfoliation habit had become quite costly!  I thought I would never find a scrub I would like as much as Fresh’s.  But, thanks this exfoliant from Nina Patino of Paul Labrecque Salon & Spa, my predicament is solved!  And, I made it myself!  Here’s the recipe:

Juice of 2 limes
½ cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons coconut oil 

In a small bowl, whisk juice and sugar until free of lumps.  Add oil 1 tablespoon at a time to thicken.  The scrub is ready to use!

It is that easy!  Try it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment